Grandma Bellows' Lemony Shrimp Macaroni Salad with Herbs
Submitted by:Parizienne for www.allrecipes.com
1 cup uncooked ditalini pasta
2 (4.5 ounce) cans small shrimp, drained and chopped, or more to
taste 3 stalks celery, finely chopped
2 green onions, finely sliced
1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh dill 1 tablespoon coarsely
chopped fresh parsley
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1 cup mayonnaise
salt and pepper to taste
1 sprig fresh dill for garnish, or as needed
1 sprig fresh parsley for garnish, or as needed
1. Place the eggs into a saucepan in a single layer and fill with water to cover the eggs by 1 inch. Cover the saucepan and bring the water to a boil; remove from heat and let the eggs stand in the hot water for 15 minutes. Drain the hot water; cool the eggs under cold running water in the sink. Peel and set aside.
2.While the eggs are cooking, fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil. Stir in the ditalini pasta, and return to a boil. Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has cooked through, but is still firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Drain. Rinse the pasta in cold water until cool and drain thoroughly.
3.In a large salad bowl, lightly toss the cooked ditalini, shrimp, celery, green onions, chopped dill, chopped parsley, lemon juice, and mayonnaise until thoroughly combined. Season with salt and pepper. Slice the hard-cooked eggs, and retain several pretty slices for garnish. Gently fold in the rest of the eggs. Arrange reserved egg slices, sprigs of dill, and parsley sprigs on top of the salad; chill for 1 to 2 hours before serving.
Makes 12 servings.
Sesame Green Beans
Submitted by:ArgoŽSPRUCETREE18 for www.allrecipes.com
1 tablespoon olive oil
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1 pound fresh green beans, cut into 2 inch pieces
1/4 cup chicken broth
1/4 teaspoon salt
freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Heat oil in a large skillet or wok over medium heat. Add sesame seeds. When seeds start to darken, stir in green beans. Cook, stirring, until the beans turn bright green.
2.Pour in chicken broth, salt and pepper. Cover and cook until beans are tender-crisp, about 10 minutes. Uncover and cook until liquid evaporates.
Makes 4 servings.
Asian Style Country Ribs
Submitted by: Aliskill for www.allrecipes.com
1/4 cup lightly packed brown sugar
1 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup sesame oil
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 tablespoons lime juice
2 tablespoons minced garlic
2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
1 teaspoon Sriracha hot pepper sauce
12 boneless country-style pork ribs
1. Stir together the brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, olive oil, rice vinegar, lime juice, garlic, ginger, and Sriracha in the crock of a slow cooker. Add the ribs; cover and refrigerate. Allow ribs to marinate in the refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight.
2. Before cooking, drain marinade and discard. Cook on Low for 9 hours. Drain cooked meat and shred, using 2 forks.
Makes 6 servings.
Grilled Garlic Potatoes
By: kelly for www.allrecipes.com
6 medium baking potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
1 large white onion, sliced
3 tablespoons butter, sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1. Cook peas according to package directions. Set aside.
1. Preheat grill for high heat.
2. Arrange potato slices, separated by onion and butter slices, on a large piece of aluminum foil. Top with garlic, and season with parsley, salt, and pepper. Tightly seal potatoes in the foil.
3. Place on the preheated grill, and cook 20 minutes, turning once, or until potatoes are tender.
4. Sprinkle potatoes with Cheddar cheese, reseal foil packets, and continue cooking 5 minutes, until cheese is melted.
Makes 4 servings.
Submitted by: Debbie Forseth for www.allrecipes.com
2 (3 ounce) packages strawberry flavored gelatin
1 (16 ounce) package cottage cheese
1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the gelatin mix, cottage cheese, whipped topping and pineapple. Mix together well, refrigerate until chilled and serve.
Makes 9 servings.